Biostop™ Putty is a moldable non-curing one component fire-rated material for through penetration firestop systems. Biostop™ Putty will intumesce when heated, forming an insulating char. In the event of a fire, Biostop™ Putty will prevent the spread of flames, smoke, gas and water through penetration openings. Biostop™ Putty is applied by hand. Mixing is never required and no special skills are necessary for installation. Biostop™ Putty is rated for up to 3 hours in accordance with the ASTM E 814, UL 1479 and ULC/ CAN4-S115-M test standards.

Use Biostop™ Fire Rated Putty for various penetrations: Small Openings, EMT Pipe, Steel, Conduit, and Cabling, (Telephone, Power, Communications) and metal or nonmetallic Electrical Boxes

Features :

  • Possesses intumescent properties; expands when exposed to fire.
  • No Volatile Solvents, which makes it particularly useful when installing in confined spaces or occupied areas.
  • Does not have Asbestos Fillers.
  • A single component putty system; no mixing necessary and no required additives.
  • D O T Classification is Not Regulated.
  • Applied by hand.
  • Easy to install.
  • Adheres to all common building common surfaces.



Powered by
This website uses cookies for best user experience, to find out more you can go to our Privacy Policy  and  Cookies Policy